Botswana & Namibia
Lonely Planet Botswana & Namibia is your passport to all the most relevant
and up-to-date advice on what to see, what to skip, and what hidden discoveries await you.
Watch the wildlife gather in Etosha National Park, feel the soft sand of the Sossusvlei red dunes,
or drift through the waters of Okavango; all with your trusted travel companion.
Get to the heart of Botswana and Namibia and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet Botswana & Namibia Travel Guide:
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlightsand itineraries show you the simplest way to tailor your trip to your own personal needs and interests
- Insider tips save you time and money and help you get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential infoat your fingertips - including hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, and prices
- Honest reviewsfor all budgets - including eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping,
and hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer and more rewarding travel experience - including customs, history,
art, literature, poetry, cinema, music, dance, architecture, politics, wildlife, and cuisine
- Over 53 localmaps
- Useful features - including Top Experiences, Month-by-Month (annual festival calendar), and Planning a Safari
- Coverage of Windhoek, Gaborone, Victoria Falls, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Kasane, the Okavango Delta, Kalahari,
Damaraland, the Caprivi Strip, Swakopmund, Sossusvlei, Luderitz, Fish River Canyon, Tsodilo Hills,
Skeleton Coast, and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Botswana & Namibia, our most comprehensive guide to Botswana and Namibia,
is perfect for those planning to both explore the top sights and take the road less travelled.
- Looking for more extensive coverage? Check out Lonely Planet's Southern Africa Guide
for a comprehensive look at all the region has to offer.