Afryka - Africa
Lonely Planet Africa is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip,
and what hidden discoveries await you.
Wander the cobbled streets and graceful pracasrimmed by once grand churches and stately colonial-era buildings,
against a backdrop of turquoise seas, on the Unesco-listed Mozambique Island;
drink your way around whitewashed Cape Dutch architecture and the endlessly photogenic hills
and vines of South Africa's Winelands; or discover the wildlife of the acacia-studded savannah
of the Masai Mara National Reserve in Kenya -all with your trusted travel companion.
Get to the heart of Africa and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet's AfricaTravel Guide:
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlightsand itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential infoat your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that
most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - history, culture, wildlife, safaris,
cuisine, music, environment
- Covers Egypt, Tanzania, Morocco, Botswana, Mozambique, South Africa, Madagascar, Kenya, Ethiopia,
Ghana, Nigeria, Cabo Verde and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Africa, our most comprehensive guide to Africa,
is perfect for both exploring top sights and taking roads less travelled.
Looking for just a few of the destinations included in this guide?
Check out the relevant Lonely Planet destination guides, our most comprehensive guides that
cover destinations' top sights and offbeat experiences.