Northern California has its own scale – the world’s biggest trees, the continent’s highest peaks
– and to know it firsthand is to change forever the way you apprehend space and time.
Lonely Planet will get you to the heart of Northern California, with amazing travel experiences and the best planning advice:
• inspirational images, highlights and recommendations from our expert authors
• planning features and top itineraries to help you plan the perfect trip
• local secrets and hidden travel gems that will make your trip unique
• plus Californian cuisine, hiking in the Sierra Nevada and a wildlife guide
Coverage includes: Planning chapters, San Francisco, Marin County & Bay Area, Napa & Sonoma Wine Country,
North Coast & Redwoods, Northern Mountains, Gold Country & Central Valley, Lake Tahoe, Yosemite & the Sierra Nevada,
Central Coast, Understand Northern California and Survival Guide.