Lonely Planet will get you to the heart of San Francisco, with amazing travel experiences and the best planning advice.
Grab your coat and a handful of glitter, and enter the land of fog and fabulousness.
So long, inhibitions; hello, San Francisco.
Loll in Golden Gate Park, stroll across the iconic Golden Gate Bridge, get spooked at Alcatraz,
ride a legendary cable car, maneuver down the crookedest street in the world,
or take a day trip to wine-soaked Napa Valley; all with your trusted travel companion.
Get to the heart of San Francisco and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet San Francisco Travel Guide:
- Full-color maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - including history, music, art,
architecture, literature, cinema, cuisine, wine, and more
- Free, convenient pull-out San Francisco map (included in print version), plus over 38 color maps.